Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Alone

He doesn't care
He hasn't even noticed I'm not there
Pain from the needles in my arm
As the constant drip of morphine tries to make me numb
The number of visitors I've had since I've been here is less than one
The morphine only numbs so much
My emotions are loud and as the tears fall from my eyes
I begin to realize I am alone
My boyfriend hasn't even called my phone
No text to see if I'm ok or how I feel

I barely get a response when I txt him
I don't have to wonder why
I just wonder who
has his attention
And did I forget to mention
I've been here more than a day
But its tha game that he chooses to play
And by my side he choose not to lay

My heart hurts
So in this bed I stay
As the occasional nurse comes in to check on me
And as she give me more pain medicine
Slowly the tears stop as I begin to slip into sleep
The pain is over for today
But one fact remains,
I'm still in this room alone

No comments:

Post a Comment